POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Better radiosity - a link : Re: Better radiosity - a link Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better radiosity - a link
From: Glen Berry
Date: 8 May 2000 15:08:12
Message: <9QoXOX81ZhACXmHd2iIS2wGK67Tm@4ax.com>
On 8 May 2000 09:44:15 -0400, ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>I believe a fundamental part of its function is that it
>generates pixels in completely random order.

Would this be completely impossible to meld with POV-Ray? I know it
would certainly be a complication, but it still might be possible. I
guess the main questions are whether this technique is so much better
in either quality or speed to make it worth the extra trouble.

Does anyone really know how accurate or speedy this type of radiosity
is, compared to that in Mega-POV? Can we find out?

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )